An Introduction to Performance Enhancement (Senior Athletes)
Duration: 3 Hours, Cost: £45 pp
Aimed at Coaches, Managers, PE Teachers of Sportsmen and Women
As most athletes and sportsmen and women are aware, to compete at any level requires a great deal of energy physically, psychologically and emotionally. In many incidences the difference between ‘success’ and ‘failure’ can be the small details in preparation and performance. It is under this increased pressure that performance impacting symptoms are observed such as lack of confidence/low self esteem, motivation, concentration, increased anxiety etc.
The initial workshop will help you develop a foundation of knowledge, tools, and techniques to aid teams and individuals who you are associated with. Explore the science behind psychology in sport and increase your awareness surrounding the symptoms and triggers of the ever important mental wellbeing. Develop your own integrated approach to coaching and support to encourage and facilitate a more rounded, congruent athlete.
Summary of Content:
- Explore the influence and role of Psychology in sport
- Develop an insight to neurological workings and physiological affects
- The importance of Mental welling, Raise awareness around symptoms and triggers
- Common difficulties experienced by athletes/sportsmen and women
- An introduction into basic assessment tools and techniques to address concerns
- Key areas of focus to maximise performance.
- Integration into current training.
Richard Cave is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and trained Psychotherapist. He also holds a BSc Honours Degree in Psychology and Sport Science and is a FA Level 1 Coach. The Northern Compass has also featured on BBC Radio Newcastle and Tyne Tees News providing insight into mental health and Sports psychology
For further information or to register your interest contact:
Email: Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 07538007342