Duration: 2 hour, Cost: From £175 per session
This training is delivered to 10-20 athletes/sportsmen and women upon request of an organisation or club.
As most athletes and sportsmen and women are aware, to compete at any level requires a great deal of energy physically, psychologically and emotionally. In many incidences the difference between ‘success’ and ‘failure’ can be the small details in preparation and performance. It is under this increased pressure that performance impacting symptoms are observed such as lack of confidence/low self esteem, motivation, concentration, increased anxiety etc.
Individuals can begin to acquire knowledge
Summary of Content:
- Physiological response and impact on performance (the science of psychology)
- What is stress? and how is it experienced in the mind and body?
- Self assessment, what to watch out for, develop a personal checklist
- Triggers and coping mechanisms (introduction to relaxation techniques)
- What to do when it escalates
Richard Cave is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and trained Psychotherapist. He also holds a BSc Honours Degree in Psychology and Sport Science and is a FA Level 1 Coach. The Northern Compass has also featured on BBC Radio Newcastle and Tyne Tees News providing insight into mental health and Sports psychology
For further information or to register your interest contact:
Email: Richard.email@example.com Mob: 07538007342