Stress-related illness costs UK industry billions a year. For sufferers the cost to their personal lives and families can be devastating. Work related stress develops because a person is unable to cope with the demands being placed on them. Stress, including work related stress, can be a significant cause of illness and is known to be linked with high levels of sickness absence, staff turnover and other issues such as more errors.
Employers and managers often find stress-related illness difficult to quantify and address. A professional evaluation of an employee’s condition can help managers or HR to develop and plan of support.
The Northern Compass will provide:
- Full assessment will be carried out with the individual
- A prognosis of the illness and a likely date for an employee’s return to work
- A realistic rehabilitation/recuperation plan based on your organisation’s absence management procedures
- An indication of any barriers/issues to making a full recovery including advice for managers as to the best way to overcome those barriers.
In addition to work related stress, personal stressors are also a significant contributor to an employee’s sickness absence. The Northern Compass can provide short term (8 sessions) therapeutic intervention to support an individual with their personal struggles. CBT and Brief Focal Therapy have been proven effective to treat such issues. In addition to this by working closely with management and HR the Northern Compass can help provide a supportive path of recovery to an employee and facilitate a return to work. Therapeutic counselling can also encourages a more healthy emotional/psychological foundation, and in turn improved work attendance
Stress and work related stress can be a significant cause of illness and subsequent sickness absence, staff turnover and other issues such as more errors.
The Northern Compass can deliver Stress Management and Stress Awareness training to line management and staff. This will assist the organisation to identify the early signs of stress and the tools to aid their employees at a difficult time. It also raises staff awareness and the importance of self-care. Contact us for more details
Two options are available:
1. A 1 hour Stress Awareness training delivered to up to 30 employees per session. The training will entail education regarding symptoms identification and triggers and causes. We will then explore basic techniques for personal use in addition to identifying supportive services.
2. 3 hour stress awareness training delivered to up to 15 managers per session. The training will include the above stress awareness training. In addition to this we will present guidance to management regarding HSE Stress Standards, employee interaction and issue resolution (including role plays). We will also explore wellbeing strategies which can be tailored to you own organisation’s needs.
Fees for Stress Awareness Training can be negotiated depending on need. Please contact us to arrange a free consultation for further details.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]